Soccer Cape Breton & Cape Breton FC is pleased to invite applications for the 2019 Winter Training Program.
Nature of Commitment
All Head and Assistant coaches are required and responsible for:
• Assessment and appropriate placement of players. Note that age groups may be combined for training purposes.
• Winter Training Program (October 2019 – March 2020)
• Training (On-Field) and Classroom portions
• Travel to Halifax for NSSL events (maximum one weekend per month and travel expenses will be reimbursed for one coach per team)
• Identification of a team manager if desired
• Evaluations and recommendations for further programming
• Must complete “Respect in Sport for Activity Leaders Course”
Required Knowledge and Experience
CBFC recommends that all Head Coaches have a minimum of the CSA “C” coaching license (or recognized equivalent). CBFC will consider any applicant who is in the process of completing their CSA “C” Coaching license within the current provincial cycle. Other coaches will be considered on an individual basis.
Soccer Cape Breton will accept mentorship coaching role applications. All potential candidates for these coaching positions should:
• Provide the required Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC) check if you are a successful candidate (We accept CPIC checks up to 3 years after issued)
• Be in good standing with Soccer Nova Scotia & Soccer Cape Breton associated programs
• Be knowledgeable in the Long Term Development Program by the CSA
• Understand the current player identification pathway from: Club-Regional Training Programs-Provincial Development Programs-REX/Whitecaps
• Be able to work as part of a dynamic team of coaches supporting the overall philosophy & curriculum of the SCB program through development, opportunity and leadership
The honorarium that each head coach will be entitled at the end of the program when criteria
are met: All Programs – up to $500 depending on level of commitment
The application deadline is September 14th , 2019. Appointments will be made by the executive of Cape Breton FC. Please note: Candidates may be invited to attend an interview. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
To read, download, or print out the application, click here.
Interested candidates should email their application to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions with regard to the program and this application, please contact us at the same email address.